Safety is very important to La Jolla Country Day School. Security services and procedures are in place to reflect that and these steps impact arrival and departure procedures at the school.
- All faculty, staff and visitors are required to display an official school ID to move freely within the campus. ID badges must be displayed on a lanyard at all times.
- All but three designated parking lots will be closed and locked each morning after drop off at 8:45 a.m. The ECC/Kindergarten parking lot will be closed and locked at 9 a.m. Security personnel will patrol the Genesee Ave. and Upper School/Gym lot during school hours.
- All visitors will be directed to sign in and obtain a visitor ID badge at either the main reception in the Jacobs Library Building, the three Division Offices or the Athletic Office before proceeding to any location on campus. (Expedited security procedures will be put in place and communicated for special events.)
- Security, Faculty and Staff personnel will be directed to stop any adult not wearing a visitor ID badge and direct them to the nearest visitor check-in location. Employees who lose or forget their ID badges must stop at Security Office to obtain a temporary ID badge.
- Students and faculty leaving campus during the school day will be required to sign out at the main reception area or at their appropriate Division Office.
- All school parking lots will re-open at 2:15 p.m. for dismissal time and a half hour earlier on Fridays at 1:45 p.m. for early dismissal.
open the Security and Parking Guide. If you have questions about parking or security on campus, contact Mark Marcus, Assitant Head of School for Operations, mmarcus@@ljcds.org