Objectives of Middle School Athletics at Country Day
· To allow all middle school students an opportunity to make a commitment to Country Day team sports
· To teach fundamental sport skills and introduce game strategies
· To provide stimulating practice sessions and appropriate competition to allow opportunity for the attainment of success
· To allow playing time in games and practices over the course of the season so that maturity may be gained as an athlete. Every athlete plays in every contest unless being disciplined for behavior problems.
· To introduce self-discipline and a strong work ethic as a means to fuel a desire for achievement and excellence
· To recognize success and progress throughout the season as fundamental skills are mastered, as team unity develops, and as offensive and defensive concepts are realized in competition